When considering starting a business, you should think about the different options available to you. You might want to start your business full-time or part-time, or even in your spare time. You could also choose to work from home or separate premises.
For further information see
The following material will help you to understand your options and choose which business is right for you:
For further research see:
- choose business property - explains how to choose the right premises and consider the options available to you as a start-up
- starting a business from home explains the benefits of working from your own home and the issues you might want to consider
- buy a franchise explains what franchising is and why it might suit you more than starting your own business
- buy an existing business looks at the issues around buying an established business, which may be quicker and easier than starting from scratch
- avoid common mistakes when starting a business- this guide will help you avoid the most frequent assumptions and mistakes made by new business owners
You should also think about assessing your own skills and where you might need some extra development or support - for example, looking after the business' finances.
Watch the video below to help you discover how your skills and experience can help you start-up.