Choosing a name for your business is a creative and enjoyable process. It is also one that you need to get right.
While it may be tempting to try to stamp your individual personality on your business name, there are many other issues to consider. Being objective and choosing a name that reflects your business strategy can be more valuable, especially as your business develops.
This guide shows you how to create the right impression, display your business name, consider whether your business name will be your brand and get your name on the web. It also outlines the specific rules that you must follow when choosing a company name for a limited company, limited liability partnership, sole trader or partnership.
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises
- How to employ staff for the first time
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
- Carry out pre-employment checks
- Ensure your workers are eligible to work in the UK
- Get employers' liability insurance
- Issue a written statement of employment
- Set up your payroll and register for PAYE with HMRC