Tender for public sector contracts in Great Britain and Ireland
Where to find out about tender opportunities in Great Britain and Ireland
Many public sector organisations - particularly local authorities - have approved lists of potential suppliers to tender for contracts below the EU limit. They must review these regularly to include new suppliers and check current suppliers are providing value for money.
There are also a number of websites you may wish to visit to expand your search to public sector opportunities outside of Northern Ireland.
UK wide opportunities
- for central government tender opportunities check the Crown Commercial Service procurement pipeline
- the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) presents specific challenges faced by the public sector across the UK and offers funding for innovative products or solutions
- for tender opportunities with the UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, visit the DEFRA eSourcing portal
- for UK public sector tender opportunities for digital services (the G-cloud and Digital Services framework) visit the Digital Marketplace
- for UK wide tender opportunities, visit YPO
- for tender opportunities with the UK National Health Service, visit the NHS Supply Chain Procurement Portal
- for UK wide opportunities in further education, academies and free schools visit the Crescent Purchasing Consortium
- for high value contracts in the UK public sector visit GOV.UK Find a Tender service
Opportunities in England
The key website for public sector tender opportunities in England is the Contracts Finder which advertises central government contracts over £10,000 in value.
Local authorities in England are organised by region, each with a tendering portal:
- South West of England - Supplying the South West
- South East of England - South East Business Portal
- North West of England, including Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds - Chest
- North East of England - North East Procurement Organisation portal (NEPO)
- East Midlands of England - East Mids Tenders
- London Borough - London Tenders Procurement Portal
In addition, many universities and further education colleges have formed purchasing consortiums, with online tendering portals:
- London Universities Purchasing Consortium
- North Western Universities Purchasing Consortium
- North Eastern Universities Purchasing Consortium
- Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium
For public and private sector tender opportunities linked to capital projects in England (including buyers such as Transport for London, Crossrail and the Metropolitan Police Service) see CompeteFor.
For tender opportunities with police and fire and rescue services in England and Wales, see Bluelight.
Opportunities in Ireland
For all public sector tender opportunities (both central and local government) in the Republic of Ireland visit eTenders.
The Office of Government Procurement is a useful source to gather information on supplying to the government.
Opportunities in Scotland
For all public sector tender opportunities (both central and local government) in Scotland visit Public Contracts Scotland.
Opportunities in Wales
For all public sector tender opportunities (both central and local government) in Wales visit Sell 2 Wales.
There are a number of organisations which charge a small fee to access a wide range of public sector tendering portals and search for contracts on your behalf.
Construction & Procurement Delivery028 9081 6200