Save water at commercial premises
Where to save water at commercial premises
Businesses can typically reduce their water bills by a third if they manage their water use more effectively. There are a number of areas that you could focus on to save water at commercial premises:
- washroom taps
- laundry facilities
- catering facilities
- grounds maintenance
- garages and vehicle cleaning facilities
When trying to save water you should:
- adopt a systematic approach, such as auditing and monitoring, to reduce your water use in the most effective way
- use heating and cooling systems efficiently
- control water pressure
- avoid leaks and overflows
- check water meters and water bills
- reduce your mains water use by collecting rainwater and reusing water
For more information, see water reviews, policies and action plans.
If you have an environmental management system, or are intending to set one up, you should use this to monitor and manage your water use.
If your business also has industrial facilities you should see how to save water at industrial premises.