The Licence finder is a tool that can help you find the right licences that you need for your business. It covers activities which require you to engage with a Northern Ireland or UK-wide regulator. You can create a personalised list of requirements, and in many cases you can apply online for your business licence.
It is important to check what responsibilities you have working in a particular business sector. If you operate a regulated business activity without obtaining necessary licences, you could be fined or face a penalty.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services