It is sensible for everybody to make sure that they have some sort of pension provision. As an employer, you need to understand your legal obligations on workplace pensions.
You should consider your own retirement needs as well and even if you own the business, do not rely on selling your company as a guaranteed source of income on your retirement.
Whichever pension you choose, either for yourself or on your employees' behalf, you need to understand the relevant regulations and tax implications. You may wish to talk to a professional adviser about your particular needs before deciding.
All employers must provide workers with a qualifying workplace pension, known as automatic enrolment.
This guide will help you understand your options and explain your legal obligations.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services