If you're running a business and you want to expand, you'll need to consider the best options for meeting your new needs - these could include outsourcing, training existing staff or taking on new staff.
Taking on new employees - whichever way you choose to do it - will always mean some form of investment for your business.
If you decide to take on new staff, or replace someone who has left, this guide will help you understand the different ways of staff recruitment - and how to choose the methods that best meet your needs.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- Storing or using personal information
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services