Complain against an insolvency practitioner or the Insolvency Service

Taking your case to the Ombudsman


If you remain dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman. If you do wish to make a complaint, this should be done within 6 months.

The Ombudsman can only enquire into the administrative functions undertaken by staff in their dealings with you. The Ombudsman cannot investigate how a decision was made in a bankruptcy or liquidation, as this would be a matter to be determined by the High Court.

You may contact the Ombudsman at:

Freepost NIPSO or The Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman 
Progressive House
33 Wellington Place

Telephone: 028 9023 3821 or Freephone: 0800 343 424
Text Phone: 028 9089 7789 

or by calling, between 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday at the above address.