Try to find ways of helping employees come to terms with their situation.
- consider re-employment to other roles within the business
- advise them to contact their local Jobs & Benefits office
- contact other local employers who may have vacancies
- offer advice on searching for suitable vacancies in the press and on the internet
- offer guidance on CVs, job application forms and interview techniques
You can also:
- provide clear information on the amount of redundancy pay and how it affects pension payments and state benefits
- point out the need for the employee to discuss the financial implications of redundancy with their family as early as possible
Your local Jobs and Benefits Office can provide advice if any employees being made redundant are under 18.
If you require further information or advice, you can call the Department for the Economy's Redundancy Payments Freephone Helpline on 0800 585 811.
You can also get help from the LRA Helpline on Tel 028 9032 1442.