Try to find ways of helping employees come to terms with their situation.
How employers can help redundant employees
- consider re-employment to other roles within the business
- advise them to contact their local Jobs & Benefits office - your local Jobs and Benefits Office can provide advice if any employees being made redundant are under 18
- contact other local employers who may have vacancies
- offer advice on searching for suitable vacancies in the press and on the internet
- offer guidance on CVs, job application forms and interview techniques
- make them aware of the assistance available from the Careers Service
- provide clear information on the amount of redundancy pay and how it affects pension payments and state benefits
- point out the need for the employee to discuss the financial implications of redundancy with their family as early as possible
Additional help with redundancy
If you require further information or advice, you can call the Department for the Economy's Redundancy Payments Service on Tel 0800 585 811 or email email@example.com.
You can also get help from the Labour Relations Agency (LRA) Helpline on Tel 03300 555 300.