Rates assistance for businesses impacted by COVID-19
The Finance Minister has announced an emergency £100 million rates package to assist businesses impacted by COVID-19. Find out more about COVID-19: Emergency rates package for businesses.
Land & Property Services (LPS) fully complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Department of Finance’s Data Protection Policy. This means that how LPS collect, store, use and disclose/share the information you provide to them meets the standards of this legislation.
Reasons why LPS collates and holds customer information
- For the purpose of billing
- Collection and recovery of rate revenue
- Assessment of benefit/relief claims
- The creation and maintenance of Valuation Lists
- The Land Registration Public Register
LPS and the National Fraud Initiative
LPS has a duty to protect public funds and to this end may use the information provided for the prevention and detection of fraud.
LPS participates in the National Fraud Initiative, an exercise that matches electronic data within and between audited bodies to prevent and detect fraud.
The use of data by the Audit Commission does not require the consent of the individuals concerned under the Data Protection Act 2018. However, it is controlled to ensure compliance with data protection and human rights legislation.
For more information contact LPS or Tel 0300 200 7801. Please note: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 23 March 2020 about additional measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, Land & Property Services offices and phone lines will be closed from Tuesday 24 March until Wednesday 15 April. The closure will be kept under regular review and the dates will change in line with further Government announcements. Further information on service updates will be available on the LPS website..
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services