You may be thinking of offering, or have already offered, your employees a stakeholder or group personal pension scheme. You may want to promote your pension scheme to them, or find that they are looking to you for help. But as financial services are regulated, you may be unsure about what you can do.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates financial services in the UK. They offer information about what you can do to promote your stakeholder or group personal pension scheme to your employees and how you can give them further help or advice without needing to be authorised. Download an FCA employers' guide on promoting pensions to employees (PDF, 165K).
The FCA guide only covers stakeholder pension schemes and group personal pension schemes. It does not cover occupational pension schemes.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services