Quality grading for tourism businesses
Tourism five-star rating system
Tourism NI uses a one to five-star rating system for tourism businesses. The star ratings show the standard of of customer care and the quality of services and facilities.
How does star-grading work?
The number of stars awarded shows the levels of quality customers can expect of the assessed business:
- five star - an exceptional, world-class standard
- four star - an excellent standard
- three star - a very good standard
- two star - good overall standard
- one star - a fair and acceptable standard
Star gradings cover accommodation and tourism experiences, including:
- serviced, self-catering and hostel accommodation
- visitor experiences such as tours, activities centres and museums etc
- caravan and camping parks
The awards focus on the standard of the welcome, hospitality and services provided. They also assess the presentation and condition of facilities.