It is important to decide if you want to strengthen your business' position or find ways to grow.
If you decide to grow, you need to plan carefully to succeed. Growth has its risks, but the right strategy can deliver stability, security and long-term profits. Once you have assessed your current position and how well equipped you are to handle business growth, you can start building your growth strategy.
This guide shows you how to find the right strategy for business growth, when to launch it and the finance options available. It looks at the pros and cons of diversifying and what to consider ensuring growth is smooth, on time and on target.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services