Whether you are starting or expanding a business, you may need to seek financial help from an external source.
Banks offer short- and long-term debt finance via loans and overdrafts as well as other types of finance. These are available by application to any high street bank, usually involving a quick decision process.
This guide looks at the different types of bank financing available to businesses, and the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing from a bank. It provides guidance on loans and overdrafts and how to choose a bank and finance option that is best for you. You will also find details on credit scoring, loan guarantees and security, and European Investment Bank funding.
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises
- How to employ staff for the first time
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
- Carry out pre-employment checks
- Ensure your workers are eligible to work in the UK
- Get employers' liability insurance
- Issue a written statement of employment
- Set up your payroll and register for PAYE with HMRC