Managing your cashflow is vital for business survival and growth. To run your business effectively, you need to balance the timing and amount of your costs with those of your income.
This guide explains the various areas you need to consider when managing and improving cashflow in your business, including dealing with customers, suppliers and stakeholders, and using a cashflow forecast to plan your spending and assess potential risks in your cashflow.
Watch Invest NI's tutorial on managing cashflow below.
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises
- How to employ staff for the first time
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
- Carry out pre-employment checks
- Ensure your workers are eligible to work in the UK
- Get employers' liability insurance
- Issue a written statement of employment
- Set up your payroll and register for PAYE with HMRC