Carrying out customer research on loyalty, satisfaction and service can make a big difference to your business. If you know how your existing and potential customers make their buying decisions, you can adapt your sales methods to fit their needs.
Who are your customers?
Knowing demographic information about your customers can help with your marketing and sales plans. Consider factors such as:
What do they think?
Knowing what your customers think of your products and service and how they rate you against your competitors will enable you improve your business' offering. To target your customers successfully, you should know as much about their buying habits as possible. Consider the following aspects of your customers:
- buying behaviour including when and how they buy
- opinions about your brand
- opinions about competitors
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services