Intellectual property covers a wide range of business assets, from copyright to trade marks, and patents to design rights.
If you have a business, you are likely to own some type of intellectual property. You are also likely to make use of other people's intellectual property within your business activities.
This guide explains where to find information about the different types of intellectual property, how to protect your rights and avoid infringing the rights of other intellectual property owners.
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises
- How to employ staff for the first time
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates
- Carry out pre-employment checks
- Ensure your workers are eligible to work in the UK
- Get employers' liability insurance
- Issue a written statement of employment
- Set up your payroll and register for PAYE with HMRC