Organising events in Northern Ireland
Support and funding for events
Tourism NI run an annual events funding programme. International and national tourism events are able to apply for funding if they meet certain criteria. The main goals of this funding are to:
- enhance visitor experience
- increase visitor numbers and spend
- ensure year-round motivation to visit
- enhance Northern Ireland's international profile
- create a legacy
International Tourism Events Fund
International tourism events are those that attract out of state visitors, where the event is their main reason for visiting. Events like this showcase NI on a global stage as a unique tourism destination through media coverage.
To qualify for this funding, events must meet certain criteria such as:
- visitor numbers greater than 5,000
- overall budget greater than £150,000
Events that have benefited from the International Tourism Events Fund include:
- North West 200
- Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival
- Foyle Maritime Festival
National Tourism Events Sponsorship Scheme
National tourism events showcase Northern Ireland's regions and destinations. They offer visitors an authentic cultural experience.
To qualify for funding, events must meet certain criteria such as:
- visitor numbers greater than 1,000
- minimum expenditure of £50,000
Applying for funding
The funding programme is open for applications for a short time each year. Check with Tourism NI for information and updates about applying.