Every business has a range of online channels it uses to communicate with employees.
These could be email, an intranet system, blogs or social networking sites - which can all help employees share views, knowledge and ideas.
What technology is right for your business?
When deciding what is right for your business, you could consider:
- asking your employees what would help them in their work
- creating and communicating clear guidelines and policy on the use of technology - including the accessing of social networking sites and use of language - and addressing any misuse of them - develop a social media policy
- using internal systems, external tools, collaboration sites or a combination of these mechanisms depending on your aims, technical capabilities and budget
- demonstrating your own support by participating and encouraging colleagues to do the same
- identifying and supporting early adopters who can start encouraging involvement across the rest of your business
- celebrating ideas, feedback and improvements that come from collaboration through tools and channels