Develop a digital marketing plan
Digital marketing planning: five top tips
Digital marketing can have huge potential for businesses of all sizes. To make the most of it, it's important to think strategically and plan carefully. Follow these tips for planning your digital marketing:
1) Build relationships - by building digital relationships with your customers you can encourage brand loyalty and increase your profits. Consider content marketing tactics as part of your digital marketing campaign. Use a customer relationship management system to improve targeting and customer service.
2) Use customer personas - by understanding your customers you can choose the right channels to reach them with highly targeted, personalised marketing communications. See how to create customer personas.
3) Set SMART objectives - make sure that the objectives of your digital marketing campaign are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. For example, you could aim to secure 25 event registrations through your website per month.
4) Choose the right tactics - there are a wide range of digital marketing tactics you can use, such as email marketing and social media. Consider your audience and your objectives to decide which tactics will be the most effective.
5) Measure and optimise - use web analytics to determine how successful your tactics are. Adjust your campaigns and track the results to make improvements. See measuring your online marketing.
A written plan is the best way to keep your digital marketing efforts on track. Use our downloadable template to create your digital marketing plan.