The executive summary of your digital marketing plan should provide a short synopsis of your entire digital marketing strategy. It should include highlights from each section of the rest of the document.
The role of the executive summary is to provide enough detail to interest busy senior executives and encourage them to buy in to the digital marketing plan and how it can benefit the business.
It should be concise - ideally a page in length - easy to understand, and interesting without using hype. It's advisable to write this section of your plan after you have completed the rest.
The summary should outline the following:
- your business environment
- the key issues that have emerged from your situation analysis
- the key objectives of your digital marketing plan
- the strategies and tactics to be used
- the projected outcomes and expected return on investment
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services