Develop a digital marketing plan
Digital marketing plan - situation analysis
The situation analysis section of your digital marketing plan needs to describe the context in which your digital marketing will take place. It should include an analysis of your business' internal (micro) and external (macro) environments.
Internal factors include your:
- market, and any trends in this
- current online presence
External factors could be:
- social - how changing consumer attitudes could affect your approach
- legal - ie complying with digital marketing laws, such as data protection
- environmental - eg making sure your approach is ethical and sustainable
- political - how local or national government could impact on your plan
- technological - how advances in technology could affect your marketplace
Once you have considered each of these, you should carry out a digital-specific analysis showing your business' strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Where possible you should use qualitative and quantitative data to support your analysis, as well as images, charts and graphs to illustrate your findings.
Invest NI Helpline0800 181 4422