When you're moving into a new business area, it pays to use the advice of people who already have significant experience. Other people who have been through the same processes can offer invaluable advice. They can also warn you of the potential pitfalls.
Invest Northern Ireland
Invest Northern Ireland provides services and programmes that put inexperienced international traders in touch with experienced traders to learn and share ideas.
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Connections support can help you access trade advice and establish contacts in international markets. Connecting You to International Chambers can put businesses in touch with contacts in overseas market. Connecting You to Local Businesses can link you to experienced exporters, so you can benefit from their experience.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services