Having knowledge of specific products or services that are in demand outside Northern Ireland, and keeping up-to-date on the latest contract opportunities, can help boost your business performance and profitability. There is support available to help you identify these openings.
Invest Northern Ireland support
- Tenders alert service – businesses can register to receive alerts of competitions for public sector contracts, which have just been advertised and match your area of expertise. The service costs £100 per annum. To sign up for tender notifications, call the Invest NI Boosting Business helpline on Tel 0800 181 4422.
- Tender guides – specific guides have been developed to assist you tender for new opportunities. You can download: a guide to Bidding for tenders (PDF, 646KB), a guide to Top tips for tendering (PDF, 589KB)
- Workshops – there are regular workshops listed on our Events Finder that can assist with business tendering.
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce
Connecting for Growth is a cross-border trade initiative designed to facilitate increased business between companies from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland through a series of meet the buyer events.
The Connecting for Growth programme focuses on bringing together more than 250 businesses with procurement teams from large buying organisations and is open to any businesses that have an interest in developing cross-border trade opportunities. The programme also provides participants with an opportunity to make a pitch to a wide range of private sector buyers whilst networking and developing links with each other.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services