You can register your trade mark with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) online or by post.
Before you apply for registration, you should:
- check that your chosen mark qualifies as trade mark - find out about acceptable and unacceptable marks in what is a trade mark
- choose the right mark to protect as a trade mark - find useful tips on selecting a strong trade mark
- carry out a search to identify if the mark is free to use and register - see how to search for trade marks
- find out more about the steps involved in trade mark registration - see how to register a trade mark
Register your trade mark
To complete your application for trade mark registration, you will need to provide the IPO with:
- your full name and address
- country of incorporation
- a good representation of the logo or design
- indication of goods and services sold, or to be sold, under the trade mark
You will also need an email address and a credit or debit card to pay for the fees.
Trade mark application fees vary according to the examination option you choose when you apply - this can be either the standard or the right start application service. Fees are non-refundable and don't guarantee registration of your trade mark.