Before you make your first move into an overseas market, it's essential that you get advice and support. This will increase your chances of getting it right and significantly boosting your business.
There is a range of support available to new and established businesses to help you start trading successfully outside Northern Ireland.
You can also complete our Get Export Ready tool which will help you identify the steps needed to succeed in export markets and find the right support to bring your product or service to market.
This guide will highlight the various advice, support and opportunities available to help your business enter new markets.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services