Start a business from home
Popular home-based business ideas
If you don't have a home business idea yet, ask yourself three questions:
- Is there a gap in the market? Have you tried to buy something that you just can't find? In which case, others may be looking for that product too.
- What is my passion/skill/hobby? Can you find a way of making a living from it?
- Can I do something better? Have you seen someone offer a product or service that you think you can offer better yourself?
Popular business ideas that you can start from home
Consider opportunities in your local area for services such as:
- child care
- translation services
- editorial services
- dog walking
- alteration services
Other popular home-based business ideas include:
- arts and craft makers
- bed and breakfast facilities
- business coaching
- creating an online shop
- pet grooming
- public relations services
- virtual assistants who provide professional assistance to clients from a home office
- website designers
Working 'five to nine'
You may want to consider starting a business whilst in full or part-time employment, using the evenings and weekends to build your business - see start a part-time business.
Watch a short video that will help you develop your business idea.
Start a business Helpline0800 027 0639