If you don't have a home business idea yet, ask yourself three questions:
1. Is there a gap in the market? Have you tried to buy something that you just can't find? In which case, others may be looking for that product too.
2. What is my passion/skill/hobby? Can you find a way of making a living from it?
3. Can I do something better? Have you seen someone offer a product or service that you think you can offer better yourself?
Popular business ideas that you can start from home
Consider opportunities in your local area for services such as:
- child care
- translation services
- editorial services
- dog walking
- alteration services
Other popular home-based business ideas include:
- arts and craft makers
- bed and breakfast facilities
- business coaching
- creating an online shop
- pet grooming
- public relations services
- virtual assistants who provide professional assistance to clients from a home office
- website designers
Working 'five to nine'
You may want to consider starting a business whilst in full or part-time employment, using the evenings and weekends to build your business - see start a part-time business.
Watch a short video that will help you develop your business idea.
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises